|SP-CoSI Graduate Dinner Seminar|
Thursday, Apr 27, 6:30-8pm, Sid Pac MP Room .
|General Audience Graduate Seminar provides MIT students the venue for more scholarly and open interactions with their peers. |
Integrated Design and Management
> Olivia Fiebig
Department of Chemistry
> Alpha Yacob Arsano
Sustainable Design Lab
School of Architecture
Sponsors: ODGE Graduate Student Life Grants
For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/SPCoSISeminars/ More...
General Audience Graduate Seminar provides MIT students the venue for more scholarly and open interactions with their peers.
> Amy Zhang (Human Computer Interaction) MIT CSAIL
> Claudia Pérez D'Arpino (Interactive Robotics) MIT CSAIL
> Nancy Aggarwal (Laser Interferometric Gravitational Wave Observatory- LIGO) MIT Physics
This seminar series aims to:
1) Help inspire interdisciplinary collaborations, as students learn about problems in other fields that could be attacked using their own expertise.
2) Provide a venue to spark new collaborations and interdisciplinary projects.
3) Increase graduate student exposure to fields outside of their primary area of research.
4) Give graduate students an opportunity to practice public speaking in a low-pressure environment of peers.
5) Help graduate students think about presenting their work to non-expert audiences.
6) Increase students' comfort levels with unfamiliar research topics.
Join us for the seminar and dinner at MIT's Sidney Pacific graduate residence!